The system is a elevation data collection system to carry out fast, accurate and cost-effective measurements using a combination of modern technology. LIDAR systems can be used as an aid in many areas of surveying and aerial photogrammetry.
Due to time/cost specialities the system is preferred for projects as it has some features like to collect data fast and process, less affected by the weather conditions as against aerial photography, to performance well at the agricultural areas, to collect data from inaccessible points, to choose a view area and point density optionally, to have much more chance for collecting data in forested areas and to create much more sensitive Digital Terrain Model (DTM) and Digital Elevation Model (DEM).
As Lidar systems have many advantages different from traditional methods to collect elevation data, it provides a wide range of applications.
- Basic Mapping (orthophoto, the creation of contour lines, and etc.)
- Mapping of Potantial Flood Areas, Hydrologic and Hydraulic Modeling
- Natural Resource Management Application (calculation of the height of the tree, study of the quantity of all living creatures in a certain area, volume measurement for excavation work etc.)
- Planning of Transport Lines (Highways, Railways
and Planning stages of infrastructure network),
- 3B City Modelling
- Visibility Analysis for Military and Civil Purposes,
- Applications in Power Transmission Lines.
Mobile LIDAR is a system bringing the 3D laser scanning,GPS, inertial measurement and video technologies together, mounting on a moving vehicle (car, train, ship, boat, etc.) collecting elevation data fast,intense and in high-precision with 360-degree range of images.
Also mobile Lidar is achieved to take the place of working of highways and railways routings, coast/harbour region workings, applications of power transmission lines,city plannings. Infrastructure projects, urban zone analysis etc. as required a cost-effective work.